Notes from the Balcony

Ongoing comment and dialogue on being a new church in a new world - A Blog by John Montgomery

[The Bible] is not, for a start, a list of rules, though it contains many commandments of various sorts and in various contexts. Nor is it a compendium of true doctrines, though, of course, many parts of the Bible declare great truths about God, Jesus, the world and ourselves in no uncertain terms. Most of its constituent parts, and all of it when put together (whether in the Jewish canonical form or the Christian form), can best be described as story. This is a complicated and much-discussed theme, but there is nothing to be gained by ignoring it. - N.T. Wright

Saturday, July 28, 2007

What will become of our blogs?

I’m grateful to Michael Halcomb for putting me on to this hilarious video. But it does give one occasion to pause. In 50 years, will my son be able to “check out” a copy of my most recent posting? If our blogs are so ephemeral, and if our reading skills are so elusive, where does that leave us?

4 comments:

T. Michael W. Halcomb said...

John,
Thanks for the mention. Glad you enjoyed the video!

T. Michael W. Halcomb said...

John,

Are you one of the authors of 7 villages?

I couldn't find a way to leave comments on there if so. I wanted to remark on your latest "miracle" post.

Anyways, have a good one.

--michael

John Montgomery said...

Michael,

Thanks, I find you blog quite interesting. If I understand it, to leave comments on an administrator post, one has to be signed in as a 7 V member. In order to leave a comment on a discussion, I think one has to be a village member. I would welcome you to our village.

Anonymous said...

websites valium prescription drug - valium 10 mg side effects

Powered By Blogger